I have finished reading Haruki Murakami "Blind Willow Sleeping Woman" three months ago, a compiled book of Haruki Murakami's short stories. I've got this book through some "googling" on my search of another Haruki Murakami's masterpiece. Labeled me obsessed.

Fortunately I've got this book easily and this is the English version, but unfortunately it's not a brand new book. This is a second handed book and was not in a good condition. Well, called it a 60% condition. The paper of it was being yellow already and so much scratch on the cover.





Despite of being so ugly, I love this book so much! Haruki Murakami never dissapointed me. ever. Seems like I've been so deeply in love with Haruki's short stories more than his long novel (I still read his novel tough) because his short stories punch the line in the right timing and this book contain more than 20 short stories (exactly 24 stories). Each story contains different character, different setting, story line, and different ending. Some happy ending and the rest are hanging in the air (unsolved ending).

My favorite story is "A Perfect Day for Kangaroos", even I imagined that this is a story of Haruki Murakami and his wife. Labeled me as 'freak' ^^


Even I made a translation of this short story. I translated it into Indonesian but it still weak and raw translation I think. Well, I just made it for fun when I don't know what to do to kill the time after I finished reading "Blind Willow Sleeping Woman". So, have fun reading Haruki Murakami's work! Trust me, he is one of the best author of the year ever~ go get his book and read 'em, give him a try and you'll be addicted to it ^^ well, I am.

Find the English version and my translation of "A Good Day for Kangaroos" through the link below:

A Perfect Day for Kangaroos

Hari yang Sempurna Untuk Kanguru

0 comments:

Posting Lebih Baru Posting Lama Beranda