ISBN: 978-1-78-475083-1
Price: - 
Total Page: 290 pages
Genre: Fiction
Year Published: 2015
Publisher: Arrow Books


I bought this book just before I took-off from Bandung to Singapore this year. My first solo trip abroad. I already brought The Little Prince book inside my backpack but I read it for several times I need a new book to accompany me during this trip. The snippet synopsis on the back cover was attracted me, so I bought this book at the airport. Turned out then it was a mistake but I still glad I bought this book since it was my first time to read Paulo Coelho book.





She is a wife, a mother of two, a successful journalist, but committed in adultery in her search of happiness. What a story! She is our protagonist in this book. Ok first of all, this is my first encounter with Paulo Coelho and I think that I made a wrong move. I should have make it right by reading The Alchemist first. By the way, reading this book is kinda remind me of Haruki Murakami. The story about a perfect living human who choose doing something absurd to justify his/her life. It's so typical.

Back to the book, Adultery offers a love story between a grown-up woman and her high-school-ex-boyfriend, which already ended long time ago but due to some work-related things she must ended up met her charming ex-boyfriend again. And the long forgotten feeling started to sparks between them once again. Together they committed adultery and risking their marriage and her family falling down to pieces.


If I was her, I would take a good long trip outside Europe to cure my depression, instead having complicated relationship with an ex-boyfriend. I thought this book was about that, that's why I bought it. And I have to resist reading it to find it's beauty on the last chapter. When our protagonist finally set her feet on the ground and choosing what is more important than her selfish act.

And my favorite part was on the last chapter. I can see why people love Paulo Coelho and why he is one of the most famous author. When the main character tell her perspective of life and love, I can feel that it was actually the writer's point of view. He also added some of the bible quotes into their narration and his point of view of life really mesmerizing me.


Life offers us thousands of opportunities for learning. Every man and every woman, in every day of our lives, always has a good opportunity to surrender to Love. Life is not a long vacation, but a constant learning or process. 

0 comments:

Posting Lebih Baru Posting Lama Beranda