Lang Leav series
Lang Leav – Love & Misadventure
ISBN: 978-1-4494-5614-6
Price: USD 16.99
Total Page: 155 pages
Genre: Fiction – Poems
Published Year: 2013

the back cover



Love & Misadventure was released first then it was followed by the second book, Lullabies. But I knew Lullabies first then read Love & Misadventure. Well, since it's the poetry books and it's not related between the first and the second book, you can read it freely.

Read my previous review of Lang Leav 'Lullabies' here.

my fav's part
For me, I love reading the Lullabies better than the Love & Misadventure. But since it's Lang Leav's first published poets book, I didn't put my expectation too high. That way I can enjoy it all.

also my fav
Love & Misadventure has fewer pages and most of the pages only have several poems and it was located on the right page, so it leaves the left page blank. I could finish reading this book only in one day, but I love reading one-or-two poems a day before bed.


This man named Michael always make me curious 'cause he always shows up in every Lang Leav's books. Then after several days and after I following Lang Leav's instagram account I could finally realize that this man named Michael Faudet was also a poems writer, and his book titled Dirty Pretty Things was also a hit on Goodreads ^^

you can check it here.

Lang Leav's lover and partner, Michael Faudet also a poet and his book 'Dirty Pretty Things' is on my list now ^^
Back to Love & Misadventure, this book was divided into three parts. In my opinion and perception, this three parts portray the three stages of love life.


The 1st stage: Misadventure
Sometimes we experience it. Mostly at our first love.
She said "your first love isn't the first person you give your heart to-it's the one who breaks it."
We thought it could be last for forever and ever, so we gave all of our heart at that time. But we were very young at that time, and naive. For life always makes a fun at us. One day he's mine and the next day he's gone. We called it love, but it was wrong. It was called misadventure.


The 2nd stage: The Circus of Sorrows
What happens after the break-up is always the hardest part. We feel like we are the most miserable person on earth. We blame ourselves. We play the sad songs over and over again. Then one day we found out that he has a new girlfriend. The feelings was like we were riding a carousel to an accompaniment of a sad song in a Gothic Circus. We tired of it but the it won't go away.
 "You come and go so easily,
your life is as you knew-
while mine is split in two.
How I envy so the half of me,
who lived before love's due,
who was yet to know of you."


The 3rd stage: Love
Only after we let it go and have no regrets for what happened in the past, then we could see world in a better view and clear vision. That this world is beautiful and we're not the most miserable person on earth. Then one day, the very well-known feeling comes to your heart again. You feel hesitate at first and afraid that it might be wrong again. But the feelings keep knocking your heart, when you see his eyes your heart was pounding hard. It feels different. It can't be wrong this time. You keep telling your heart. This is love.

0 comments:

Posting Lebih Baru Posting Lama Beranda