This time I write a review for 4 (four) books in a row :) just bought these books in the bookstore near my office. Never thought before I could find some English book story here, but in the fact I got four books with different famous authors like F. Scott Fitzgerald and Alexander Pushkin. Besides these book, those are another story books written by another famous author. I just want to buy each of them but I won't be able to eat for a month then. But I do make a promise in my heart that I will comeback here and buy the rest of those legend author's books (after my payday, of course). What a treasure~! ^^



Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - The Hound of The Baskervilles

The reason why I choose to buy this book is because I have another Sherlock Holmes series, "A Study in Scarlet" and "The Sign of The Four". This time I bought "The Hound of The Baskervilles", the third novel that have been serialized in The Strand in 1901-1902. This time is about The Hound 'legend' story that lives in The Baskervilles, a small village where the case took place. In the end, like others stories, Sherlock Holmes with Dr. Watson finally could covered up the case and bring up the true fact above the air.

Alexander Pushkin - The Queen of Spades and Other Stories
I think I heard the name of Alexander Pushkin somewhere in one of the books I have been read. When I see his book in the bookstore near my office, I just bought it without a second think. After read his short stories compiled in this book, I agreed that he is one of the classics writer in his era. He's originally was a poem writer but also writed some prose, fairy tales, drama, narrative, and novel. This book is a compilation of his five short stories: The Queen of Spades, The Undertaker, The Postmaster, The Shot, The Blizzard. My favorite one is "The Blizzard", the most romantic yet classic story about love.

F. Scott Fitzgerald - The Beautiful and The Damned
Everyone knows F. Scott Fitzgerald by his novel "The Great Gatsby" especially after it's turned into a movie starring Leonardo di Caprio in 2013. I was attracted by F. Scott Fitzgerald because my favorite author, Haruki Murakami, once mention his work and even translated it into a modern Japanese language. Being curious I bought his book titled "The Beautiful and The Damned" and the story was amazingly captured my heart. It was his second novel before he write The Great Gatsby and the story is about one beautiful girl who has a glamour life and really like to dance & party then she married a young writer-wanna-be man who likes to drink. They both was happy in the beginning of their married life but suddenly they love has changed and it changed their lives. So many moral values tucked in this story.

Charles Dickens - The Signalman and The Ghost at The Trial
This isn't my favorite genre, a classic horror, but this book is very interesting. Charles Dickens does. Charles Dickens was the most memorable English fictional writer and did some social critics. This book is about his two ghost-short-stories, one of his experiment in fiction. The first story was about the signalman and his premonition about his own death. The second stories titled "The Ghost at The Trial" was a story about how a ghost try to reveal the murder of his death in a trial court.


At a glimpse these books seem not interesting, but these books are the works of renowned authors and written in English. Although written in English, but the vocabulary is easy to understand and at the back of the book there is a glossary that addresses the difficult words contained in the book. Besides these books comes with a few illustrations to help readers visualize the background and story events.


"It is not a well-known publisher and packaging is not attractive, but this book is the greatest literary works ever."

0 comments:

Posting Lebih Baru Posting Lama Beranda